Cats versus Dogs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will we finally find out who is better? Cats or Dogs?

4 posters

Horizon Hill

Sparky
    Sparky

Horizon Hill - Page 3 Empty Re: Horizon Hill

Post  Sparky Thu May 20, 2010 1:36 pm

I sighed, attempting to take in all the words as shouts were heard from left and right. This was bad. A laser? Radioactive? Maybe they even had some sort of satellite circling the planet, allowing it to kill anyone, anything. I stepped back, a bit wary of the device.

Where was the giant off switch when you needed it?
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Thu May 20, 2010 1:57 pm

I sensed worry in Sparky. "We have the machine in front of us." I said, trying to comfort her. "If it's something bad, we can dismantle it on the spot."
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Thu May 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Gail tagged along with Kasa, just because he could. A thought crossed his mind about how he seemed to always be the one to keep them together, or at least make sure of it. But he quickly wiped it away before any phycics could pick it up unless they were listening intently on him.

I stuck out my tongue childishly at Blaze, hopping back down. I still disliked most tech. So I wouldn't get in the way of it. Plus, there were still some humans that tried to put up fight down bellow, even though they were greatly outnumbered.
    Stupid humans, I laughed mentally.
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Fri May 21, 2010 6:51 pm

I heard Clover laugh. I frowned.

Not all of them are stupid. What about Einstein?

I was sure most people didn't know who Einstein was; that little lighthouse I used as a temporary lodge has an entire library. I also learned about many other noble humans in history; Nobel, Washington...
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Sun May 23, 2010 9:54 am

Who?

I replied mentally. "Sir, I'm pretty sure there's not much we can find out." A tech said to me. "Great. So we don't know what it is?" "Correct, sir." "Well, then, let's clear out." "Sir! Yes, sir!" The soldiers in the room were rounded up and led out, one by one.
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Sun May 30, 2010 9:22 am

As he said, I filed out of the room, nervous, though a bit excited something was going to happen, whatever it may be. The others were almost the same; they tended to whisper to one another while we exited down to the last level.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Sun May 30, 2010 9:52 am

As we exited the building, the first soldier in line fell, dead. "What the!?!?" I yelled. I couldn't see anything, until a bullet hit a soldier in the arm. Dropping his weapon, he yelped in pain. I lifted him up over my shoulder and caried him. "Snipers! Take evasive action!" I yelled to the rest of the group.

(Where are Gears and Brook now?
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Mon May 31, 2010 1:38 pm

I was still at the little lookout i had found. I watched as a group of canines and felines filed out of the warehouse with the massive bomb thing in it. I froze when I saw the first in line fall dead, and a nother dropping their weapon with a yelp of pain. I could just make out Blaze yelling the word snipers.
    Even though I was no where near the main group, I still took Blaze's advise and dropped into a crouch. Scanning all around, it was impossible to detect where the gunman was firing from.
    Im not seeing anything move... I thought to all three of them, still trying to see one leaf move against the wind or something.
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:08 am

I stood perfectly still, already hard to spot with my small stature. After a moment, there was a sickening crack, easily heard even from the distance across the base. And another. And one last one. Then silence.
    "Three snipers," I muttered, somehow knowing that was their death song.
    Suddenly, a form flew into the sky, followed by another, while four others proceeded to come out of the bush, entering base grounds, into the light, showing their faces.
    Asher's group.
    I smiled, seeing him as he landed nearby, walking to stand by me.
    "I was starting to wonder where you had gone off to," I laughed at him lovingly.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:14 am

Snarling, I ordered, "Open fire over there!" Laser blasts flew toward the source of the blasts. Already 6 of the 20 were dead from my group.
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:09 pm

"Oh, holy-"

A shot whizzed by my ear, touching the fringe. I let out a low snarl, reloading my barrels, watching, silver eyes wary. I had the slightest feeling the snipers weren't humans, rather, they were traitors. The bullet that nearly hit me was now lodged into the wall. I took a moment to check, eying the craftsmanship. Yeah. These weren't human bullets; these were smaller, rounder. I could see the tiniest hint of a signature on there, an emblem.

I stormed into the crowd, a devilish grin across my face.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:33 pm

I used light to set everything in slow motion. I could perfectly see the bullet. Canine traitors. We did use lasers usually, however snipers were slugthrowers. They weren't any louder, and were harder to see. Win-win for a sniper. I wasn't sure what to do, but I figured fight. They were fighting us. I resumed time, dodging the bullet, and fired shots into the trees.
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 am

I was still hidden, standing at my spot. Either something was wrong, or the canines and felines couldnt find their enemys.
    What are you all looking for? I thought to them, hoping someone would answer.
    I continued to scan the surrounding area, yet I could still see nothing. Whoever these snipers where, they were good at consealing themselves from veiw as far as i was conserned. Yet I had to do something, so I flattened myself to the ground and started inching my way this way and that, trying to find something out of the ordinary.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:47 am

Traitors!

I replied. I saw a medical copter taking off. I smiled. I had a plan.

I leapt onto the copter, and as I wanted, it flew toward the tree the shots were coming from. I leapt from the copter, and, landing in the tree, I quickly disposed of the traitors. I leapt from the tree. "And that..." I said, striking a heroic pose. "... Is how you do it." I smiled.
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:05 pm

I raised a brow, seeing Blaze 'strike a pose' and almost doubled over laughing. Glancing over at Sparky, I gave her a smile and a question.
    "And you're in love with that thing?" I laughed teasingly. Looking around and survaying the damage, there would have to be a massive clean-up. So many dead bodies. . .
    Taking a deap breath, I mulled over ideas in my mind. If this place ever had a chance to regrow into a wild area again, we would need to rid it of the bodies and buildings.
    "What should we do about the bodies?" I asked, unsure. We could burn them, burry them, throw them in a lake even.
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:10 pm

I laughed, nodding at Clover's remark. Glancing at her when asking about the bodies, I replied with a hand wave, "Eh, we can burn 'em, then burn the ashes."
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:08 pm

I put on my best psychopath look and ignited a flame in the palm of my paws.
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:45 pm

I shook my head once I joined the others.
    "I swear Blaze has some problems." I mumbled, watching him give a madman look while creating a fireball in his paws.
    Then I looked around us, from the bodies of the dead, to those still alive, then to the buildings. I didnt like the calm that seemed to settle over the area, it was more unnerving then relaxing.
    "What happens now?" I asked the others, turning to face them, "Bringing down the buildings shouldnt be hard if there isnt anything left to blow us up."
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:00 pm

I looked at my three friends, and my mate who stood by my side. Together, we had taken down the human base. Now we just needed to take out the rest before they too threatened us.
    But first, the clean up.
    I couldn't help but smirk at Blaze's phycopathic face before calling out for the remaining troops to help gather the dead bodies, and for some to start tearing down the buildings.
    "You can have your pyro time once all the dead humans are piled up. As for our dead, they get proper burrials."
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:08 pm

"I agree." I replied, turning off my flame. I pointed to a random canine soldier that was walking by. "Hey, you!" I barked. "Sir?" He said, running over. "Identify our departed ones." I said, choosing my words carefully. "Sir! Yes, sir!" He gathered a few canines and got to work.
    A short while later, some names were returned.
    "Sir!" "What is it?" "We've been able to identify some of the bodies..." He said, slowly. "Well? Tell us."
    "We've identified Hijack, Deathblow, Recon, Burst, Xenon, and Spiral among the Canine losses thus far." "So we've lost a private, 2 Liutenants, a Sergeant, a Brigadier General, and a Corporal. Did I get that right?" "Yes, sir." "General Recon is dead..." I muttered. "Among the Feline losses, Siege, Mallet, and Magnum." "Familiar with any of those?" I asked Clover. "There's another!" A feline indentifier shouted. The canine who had been listing cadavers jogged over.
    "Oh, no..." He said gravely. He walked back over, sweat dripping down his face. "What's wrong?" I asked, impatient. "W-we've identified another b-bod-dy, s-sirrrrr." He said, terrified at what my reaction might be. "Well? Spit it out!"
    "It... It was... Gears."

My heart almost stopped.
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:12 am

My head was bowed and my arms folded across my chest. The losses were bad, and those still at HQ's wouldnt take them lightly. Glancing out of the corner of my eye, I watched Blaze carefully at the mention of Gears being dead. I almost expected for the canine leader to just drop, or grow to his monster self and destroy everything out of greif. Sighing, I couldnt help but wonder if our life would ever go back to being normal again.

((hey, look! its one of those extra characters we gots XD))

The German Shepard was there. It was the one that had befriended Gears when he had been exiled. She stood by the tech's body, guarding it from any further harm. She was upset, yes, but knew that something like this might happen for those in battle. The Shepard had learned that when still under the police officer's rules. She wasnt making any noises, no wimpering, no whining, nothing. She just sat down at Gear's shoulder and was staring at the remaining feline and canine army, as if they would pull out some advanced technology and fix him.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:33 pm

A look of complete and utter shock came over me. "Th-that can't be." I said, both panicky and defiantly. "Come, see for yourself Sir." I looked over the body. No doubt, it was my childhood friend. I stared at the dog standing nearby, and gently rubbed her ears. Dropping to my knees, I tried to calm myself. There was several shots that had gone through him, and a knife wound under his left eye. "Medics!" I howled desperately. Almost instantly, two medics appeared. One of them was Dartboard, Smoke in tow. Dartboard hooked up medical equipment, while the other, Ghost, felt for the faintest of a pulse. "We have to perform this quickly." Ghost reported to Dartboard. "Agreed. Remove the bullets, and bandage the stab wound." "Yes sir." They got to work. "With all respect, sir," they said to me, "please stand back." "Ok." I took a few steps backward. "Clear!" Ghost barked as Dartboard monitered the... Well, moniter. Ghost put the AED to Gears' cold, lifeless chest. His body shook after the shock hit him.

First, silence.
    Then, a faint breath.
    It got louder.
    Then a cough.
    His eyes opened. He was OK.
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:17 am

A sigh of releif passed through me when Gears coughed. I may not be his friend, but we had already lost enough souls. Another saved would mean less agony, whether it was the felines or canines.
    "Asher, please have a few warriors gather our dead and start home. As for the rest, after they're done stacking the humans, ask them to destroy the buildings."
    The tall feline nodded, leaning down and kissing my cheek before running to our own troops and relaying my orders. For now, I just stood by Gavina, simply wanting to go home to my home and child, like others no doubt did.
    "So long until we're at eachother's throats again?" I called out grimly, to no one in particular. Our common enemy was defeated for now. But what about us? Cats and dogs could never truely co-exist. Could they?
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:52 am

I stared into the sunset. "I pray never." Was my simple reply.
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:33 pm

A small smile flashed across my face when it was known Gears would make it. But then I smirked, glancing at Clover.
    "Why cant i just destory the buildings now?" I fake whined.
    It really would take maybe a minute before the buildings would be redused to a pile of rubble. I couldnt help but roll my eyes when the question was asked of when we would be trying to kill each other again.
    "Dont we have some treaty still in place?" I chimed in, raising an eye brow at the two leaders.

The German Sheperd was in hysterics. She was bouncing up and down, yipping her happiness. But stayed in the same spot so she wouldnt get in anyones way. Her tail was going so fast in a circle that you could hardly see it. The black and tan dog laid down next to Gears and eagerly licked his face, but made sure not to hit any sensitive areas.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:18 pm