Cats versus Dogs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will we finally find out who is better? Cats or Dogs?

4 posters

Horizon Hill

Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Horizon Hill - Page 2 Empty Re: Horizon Hill

Post  Blaze the Draizch Thu May 13, 2010 7:43 pm

"Do you think that guy's alright?" I said, pointing to the unconcious Harlequin.
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Thu May 13, 2010 7:45 pm

"Oh. I didn't see that." I replied, quickly checking to see if the guy was still breathing. After a few moments, I discovered he was fine. Just gashes. Lots of 'em. I sighed in relief, but soon hollered, "Okay, we need a medic."
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Thu May 13, 2010 8:56 pm

I started to feel claustraphobic in the warehouse. Seeing that most of it was done already, and that the group now worked to move the bomb, I decided to join the fight outside.
    And upon exiting, I was met by a bullet grazing my cheek.
    Glaring at the soldier armed with the gun that had just fired at me, it only took a few seconds to strategically kill him, hitting vital points. For some reason, I felt releived, seeing the dead body. After another moment, I realized how long it had been since I had actually fought, and not just sparring to keep in shape, or trying to bash the dog side.
    You could say I had a lot of stress to releive.

And Gale still faught with Kasa, making sure to stay near, not loosing sight of her.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Fri May 14, 2010 6:46 am

A medic that was far behind the group he was in heard Sparky and came running. The medic, Jasper, looked over Harlequin. "It was a very good idea to call a medic..." Jasper said gravely, writing something on a notepad. "If you hadn't, we would have lost this one in a hurry. He's lost a lot of blood." He looked at Harlequin's bullet wound. "Hmm... About 20 feet away... High-powered rifle. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the last thing he did during that battle. This is a serious wound."
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Fri May 14, 2010 2:09 pm

I sighed, thankful the guy was still alive. Looking towards a door which seemed to lead upward, I quickly manuevered past the groups of warriors and corpses, kicked down the supposed steel door with my powers, and almost climbed up the stairway, knocking down anyone who got in my way without a second thought.

I had a feeling something... important was up there.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Fri May 14, 2010 2:13 pm

"Sir, we should airlift this one. He's a Feline... I'd suggest Star Mountain." "Agreed. Call the copter." "Sir! Yes, sir!"
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Fri May 14, 2010 2:37 pm

One soldier saw me escape up the stairway, and he followed. Soon, about 10 others filed up the passageways and corridors, seeing many more humans than before. This was good; we got rid of people before they dared to ambush us.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Fri May 14, 2010 3:15 pm

With a salute Jasper left to call in the medical copter. It could sustain Harlequin longer than any field gear. I then followed Sparky up the corridor, with soldiers of both sides with her. I could tell she thought something could be wrong.

Realizing he couldn't do anything for the automated security, Gears retreated deeper into the building, by himself. He wished he hadn't... There were no bodies or blood of any kind, proving no one from his side had been this way yet. Normally a tech like him likes cleanliness or order, but in a warzone, it can be unnerving.
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Fri May 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Brooklyn, already down there, grinned, adjusting her glasses as she came from the shadows, "It's been a while, eh?" She nodded towards Gears, having been here for quite the time.

As we went higher into the building, there were more guards. I had a feeling something suspicious, something important was up there, though I was preoccupied with fighting off troops.
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Sat May 15, 2010 12:20 am

(OOC: nu clue what to put xD)

I fought my way, glancing my son and Kasa once in awhile, releived they were still alive. But a few more quick surveys, and Blaze obviously wasn't nearby.
    So one of them had gone against my order.
    With a growl of frustration, I took it out on the nearest soldier, feeling his stray gunfire spray into the air has he went down. One nicked my side, and blood flowed from it slightly, but I knew others were worse off. The medics already had their hands full, so I thought it better as to not disturb them.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Sat May 15, 2010 6:40 am

(You do realize I totally forgot your order, right?)

I fought off guards next to Sparky. "This can't be good." I said, running out of breath. "There's more and more guards. We have to be nearing something or someone important."

Gears quickly shifted to lean against the wall, trying to look like he wasn't in the least frightened. His arm slipped and he fell on the ground. Quickly picking himself up, he replied, "Yeah, it has been awhile."
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Sat May 15, 2010 8:52 am

Brooklyn chuckled as the arm fell. "Same old, same old. I'm glad." She flicked her tail, ears twitching as she heard the faint murmur that was gunfire and yells from upstairs. The ceiling was almost completely soundproof, so it was muffled. That was good.
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Sat May 15, 2010 9:20 am

((OOC: wasn't it for Blaze not to let them out of his sights and for them to stick close? and sorry, no time to really post))
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Sat May 15, 2010 9:27 am

((OOC: Gale ran away XD))
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Sat May 15, 2010 10:18 am

((OOC: Oh noes!))
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Sun May 16, 2010 9:01 am

After all the guards were gone from that area, the group went up to the next floor.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Sun May 16, 2010 9:01 am

After all the guards were gone from that area, the group went up to the next floor.
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Tue May 18, 2010 6:15 pm

The next floor seemed office-like; desks, chairs, computers. The only peculiar thing that stood out was a large, confusing mechanism in the center of the room. It looked to be off, and I wasn't sure what exactly it was used for.

The room was completely abandoned. I stepped up to the machine, curious. It seemed to extend to the top floor.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Wed May 19, 2010 11:26 am

Canine Gaurds stood at all enterances. I pointed to four techs who were observing the machine. "You two. I want to know what this thing is and what it's for." "Sir! Yes, sir!" "And you two, use probes to take technological readouts of the machine on the outside. Stand out with them to get the data ASAP." "Sir! Yes, sir!" Two got to work on the machine, and the other two ran outside.

Outside, a squad of Cabine helicopters flew overhead. Some carted Felines to Star Mountain, and others taking Canines to Thunder Mountain.
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Wed May 19, 2010 6:56 pm

I watched them with bright eyes as they slowly tore it apart, using simple screwdrivers to complex machines to see what it was for. As we got closer, they discovered here was radiation coming from the center; everyone was forced to either wear a protective suit (which was conveniently passed out) or get as far away from it as possible. I chose the former, wondering what was inside of that machine...
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm

I selected the suit as well. However, most of the gaurds elected to wait outside the door. "Whatever this is, it doesn't look very good for us." I observed aloud. A sceintist surveyed the radioactive material, and gasped. "This substance, while unknown, has an energy reading that's off the charts." "Meaning?" I replied. "Meaning, sir, we have a potential doomsday weapon here."
    Sparky
    Sparky

Post  Sparky Wed May 19, 2010 7:29 pm

I started to pace, the radiation getting more and more intense. I could feel it. I remembered, while I was scaling the building, seeing some sort of antennae at the top of the tower; perhaps that was it? I wasn't sure.

It seemed, as they reached the center, that the inside was a pod, possibly holding some sort of material. I shuddered at the thoughts. Maybe they even held someone in there, sucking their energy out limb from limb! The thought made me cringe.
    Cloverkat
    Cloverkat
    Admin

Post  Cloverkat Wed May 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Seeing everyone either leaving or entering a building, curiosity got the better of me. Easily scaling the building, i sat in one of the windows, seeing the swarm of canine and feline techs around it, along with Sparky and Blaze. Everyone else in the room had an odd-looking suit, and I guessed that if I wanted to stick around, I should get one too. But I didn't anyways, just looking on.
    Hearing the words 'doom-day weapon' made the fur on the back of my neck prickle slightly.
    "So what excactly are we dealing with?"
    Gavina
    Gavina

Post  Gavina Wed May 19, 2010 8:11 pm

"A big bomb to get rid of Canines and Felines alike." I scoffed, suddenly at Clover's side.
    I was only dropping in for a moment. It didnt seem smart for all four major leaders to be in the same area at the same time. To easy for humans to get at us and to easy for chaos to rein somewhere else. Whether what I said was true or not, didnt really seem to matter.
    I gave a shrug before walking back to that little crest that made it easier to overlook everything without being easily spotted.

Kasa had some how managed to get on a helicopter heading back to Star Mountain. She had caught wind of some black puma that had been wounded and found by Blaze and Sparky. Yet there was just one thing wrong, Kasa didnt know of any black puma. And she knew everybody at Feline HQ. So she was planning on getting back to base just long enough to find out who this mystery cat was before joining the fight again.
    Blaze the Draizch
    Blaze the Draizch

Post  Blaze the Draizch Thu May 20, 2010 7:25 am

"Don't come one step closer!" I shouted. "Without protective gear you could die within 10 minutes. We are testing radioactive material." After freaking out on Clover, I turned to a sceintist. "What is this machine now?" "We're still waiting for the reports, sir." "Well, hurry it up!" "Sir! Yes, sir!" I noted the communications arrays in the room. "This has to be powerful. It needs a command from a superior before firing." I thought aloud. "You!" I yelled to a soldier. "Find out the connections in that comm!" "Sir! Yes, sir!" The soldier plugged some wires into it, and waited. I heard on my headphones, "Sir, we have the reports ready." "Well, what is it?" "As General Sparky probably saw, there is a large antenna jutting from the top of the building. It has a lot of machinery toward the bottom of it. One probe reported hinges and heavy metals below your area." "So do we know what this is or don't we?" "It seems like a large laser is the most likely." "Large is the understatement of the year. I need you to get to the top, and see if a giant laser could fit through anything on the roof." "Sir! Yes, sir!"

Turning back to the group, I relayed, "This is a part of a giant laser, with unknown capabilities. We are on high alert. Do I make myself perfectly clear?" "Crystal, sir!" Came the reply from all others. "Good."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:06 pm